- L.L.B (Hons), University of Malaya, 1986
- Admitted as advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya 1990
- Registered Trademark and Patent Agent
Areas of Practice
- Banking – retail, commercial and corporate
- Property Development and Real Estate Transaction
Prior to being admitted to the Malaysian Bar, Sulaiman was attached to a Banking institution where he derived valuable insight on the workings of the banking sector. His experience has proved invaluable to his area of practice which focuses on providing specialist advice on a variety of banking documentation for bridging and syndicated loans, project financing, and many other aspects of corporate banking. Sulaiman is also actively involved in the preparation of security documentation in relation to large developments and property related transactions.
As a registered patent and trademark agent, Sulaiman also advises various corporations on the registration of their trademarks and patents.
- Advised and attended to the preparation of various banking loan documentations including syndicated financing, project financing and cross border financing
- Advised on the preparation of documentations in relation to the sale and disposal of prime properties with the sale consideration exceeding RM150 million each
- Advised and acted for Yayasan Selangor, the corporation of the Government of Selangor and its subsidiaries in various legal matters.
- Former Company Secretary for Yayasan Selangor, Universiti Selangor (UNISEL) and KOLEJ INPENS.
- Sale and Purchase of 112 acres of land in the District of Barat Daya Penang.
- Sale and Purchase of 32-storey building in Bandar Wawasan, Kuala Lumpur
- Transfers of 29 plots of properties measuring approximately 1,720 hectares in Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Kedah.
- Joint Land Development Agreement ( JLDA ) of 87 acres land in Kelana Jaya, Selangor
- JLDA of 1058 acres of land in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan.
- JLDA of commercial land to construct a luxury condo near KLCC.
- Forest Development Agreement involving the Government of Laos for integrated forest business in the Province of Sayaboury, Laos.
- Term loans to the Government of Malaysia for RM1.8 billion and RM2.6 billion.
- Financing for Double Tracking Rail Project ( Northern Region )
- Replanting financing for RM184 million to relevant agency