- B.A Syariah (Hons) Malaya (1996)
- Diploma Syariah Law & Practice, International Islamic University (1999)
- Certificate of Mediation, The Accord Group, Australia (2008)
- An Associate of The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (26 Feb 2014)
- Certificate of Coaching from The Accord Group Australia (Feb 2014)
Areas of Practice
- Syariah Matrimonial matters – Divorce, Jointly Acquired Property, Custody, Polygamy etc.
- Islamic Estate matters – Estate Distribution, Hibah, Waqaf and Wasiat
- Syariah Criminal matters
- Syariah Law Advisory
She joined our Firm in 1st August, 2000 and her areas of practice include Syariah Matrimonial Disputes, Islamic Estate Matters and Syariah Criminal Cases. She is currently a practising Syariah Lawyer in several major states in Malaysia, namely – the states of Selangor, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Negeri Sembilan, Perak and Kelantan.
- Acted as counsel for Kartika Seri Dewi bt Sukarno.
- Acted as counsel for Persatuan Peguam Syarie Malaysia in the Rayapan Abdullah’s case.
- Acted as counsel for NSTP in Aida Melly’s case.
- Member of Persatuan Peguam Syarie Malaysia’s panel of syariah lawyers in the Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan BKGS (Bantuan Guaman) programme.
- Acted as panellist for Khidmat Syariah programme on TV Al Hijrah.
- Acted as panelist for Fiqh Wanita programme on TV3.
- Column Writer for PEGUAM SYARIE MENULIS BERITA HARIAN, 2011.
- Column Writer for PEGUAM MUSLIM MENULIS BERITA HARIAN, 2014-2015.
Upon graduation, Marlina chambered under the tutelage of YM Tengku Dato’ Seri Hasmuddin Bin Tengku Othman at Hisham, Sobri & Kadir in the same year. She then became an associate and is currently practicing as the Senior Syariah Associate under the Syariah Practice Group
Marlina also has various practicing licenses as a Syariah Practitioner in various States in Malaysia including Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, the Federal Territory, Perak, Kelantan, and Terengganu.
Her in-depth experience in handling Syariah matters is vast as she had advised and acted in various high profile cases which have been covered by the media and reported in the law journals. She had also written many articles on Syariah family matters in Malaysia. Marlina has appeared in numerous talk shows on television as a guest and panelist to share her insights on current Syariah issues.
Marlina is also known for her social works as a committee member in various organizations in the Syariah field and she is currently the Vice President of Persatuan Peguam-Peguam Muslim Malaysia (PPMM) and the Assistant Secretary of Pertubuhan Kami Prihatin Malaysia. On 18.10.2016, Marlina was conferred with the honorary title of Ahli Mangku Negara (AMN) by the late DYMM Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Dipertuan Agong Almarhum Almu’tasimu Billahi Muhibbudin Tuanku Alhaj Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Badlishah.
On 6.12.2017, Marlina was appointed as a member of the ‘Ahli Jawatankuasa Undang-Undang Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan’ (2017-2019)Meet My Team Members