Ahmad Hamdan Abd Hamid
- L.L.B (Hons) University of Malaya, 1986
- Admitted as advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya 1993
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and securities law
- General commercial law/corporate conveyancing
- Due diligence investigations
Upon graduation, Hamdan joined a local bank as a legal officer. He served the bank in various capacities with his last post prior to commencing private practice as company secretary. Whilst in the service of the bank he took leave of absence in 1993 to serve his pupillage and was admitted to the Bar in December of the same year. Hamdan joined the firm in January 2002 and has since concentrated his practice on corporate and commercial law. He has in the course of his practice attended to a number of merger and acquisition deals as well as restructuring exercises involving financial institutions, public (listed/unlisted) and private companies.
Hamdan has been involved in privatisation matters and is also conversant with legal due diligence having led the firm’s due diligence team in various acquisition and debt/capital market exercises.
- Drafting the issue documents for a RM 9.95 billion bonds issuance by a special purpose asset management company jointly owned by government agencies.
- Drafting and advising on a port privatization exercise by a statutory body.
- Drafting and advising on a bank acquisition exercise.
- Drafting and advising on restructuring and transfer of business of financial institutions
- Advising on rights issues/initial public offering of securities.
- Led legal due diligence team on various acquisition and debt/capital market exercises.
- Advised on various corporate and debt restructuring exercises involving reverse take-overs, schemes of arrangement and capital reduction matters.